37. Participate in Your Grow Group at Least Three Times Monthly
At Southcliff you will find a diverse group of men and women who support one another as they seek to live a life of faith in the real world. Daily, lives can become busy and packed with lots of events and activities which require priority decisions to be made about what will be done and what will not. While being able to attend your Grow Group every week and every time it meets may not be feasible, you should be making every effort to not only grow from being a part of a Grow Group but to encourage others in your Grow Group by your attendance. Grow Groups are most effective if members are attending and praying for their Grow Group friends in a regular and faithful way.
“As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.”
1 Thessalonians 5:11
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up.”
- Look through your schedule/calendar and evaluate the times you have missed attending your Grow Group.
- Pray about whether the causes and reasons for your missing is a spiritually healthy reason.
- Identify the things that you are putting ahead of your spiritual
- Talk with and pray with Grow Group friends about those choices you have made.
- Make a commitment to attend more frequently if the choices you are making that are causing you to miss your Grow Group are not to your liking.
- Consider attending a new Grow Group whose schedule might be more accommodating if there are important commitments that have caused you to miss.
For more Thrive Pathway Activities on this topic
For more information on this topic contact Bryan Gilmore, Grow Pastor, at Bryan@southcliff.com.