At Southcliff, everyone is encouraged to do four things: Worship, Grow, Serve, and Share. Here are a variety of ways that you can get involved in our Share strategy.
Here are some ways to get involved with Share at Southcliff:
Share Opportunities for Everyone
- Share Encounters - These are opportunities throughout daily living to share Christ’s love and/or message to people whom we meet throughout our day. While mission trips and community projects are important, we recognize that God calls us to share Christ’s love and message wherever we are (Matthew 5:13-16).
- Share Experiences – These are trips and projects that are planned with the express purpose of sharing Christ’s love and/or message with the world. These include mission trips, day trips to assist a local Share Partner, cooperating with an ethnic congregation, etc. This can also be a retreat, camp, or conference that focuses on missions, evangelism, or other elements of the Share strategy. These are usually off campus.
- Share Events – These are special events whose primary focus is to attract and share Christ’s love and message with those who need it or to train our people in elements of the Share strategy. These can be evangelistic meetings, holiday events for the community, food drives, etc. These are usually on campus.
- Share Programs – These are regular programs whose primary focus is to attract and share Christ’s love and message with those who need it. These can include English classes for refugees, programs to reach children or youth, and opportunities for adults to explore the claims of Christ. This also includes training opportunities for our people to share Christ’s love and message.
- Share Emphasis – These are special training, promotion, or call to commitment for elements of the share strategy. This might include a season of evangelism training, focus on the poor or marginalized, etc.
- Newcomer Guides - These are individuals who are dedicated to meeting new people and helping them get connected to God as well as our church family
- Share Strategy Team - These are Southcliff members who assist us in developing and communicating our Share Strategy to the church.
Share Opportunities for Adults
- Billy Graham Evangelistic Association - One of the primary ways that all adults can participate in the SHARE strategy is to begin telling their friends and coworkers about their faith in Christ. BGA provides free online training and resources for sharing your faith.
- Click HERE to check it out.
- Senior Adults - You are never too old to participate in Share! Senior adults find ministries that need their gifts, experiences, and available time. Whether it’s teaching English to a refugee, answering the phone at the office of a SHARE partner, or delivering meals to shut ins in our community—you can still “Dare to Share.”
- Empty Nesters - Adults without children in the home can often participate in times of the year that are not tied to school holidays. Ministries need help all year long and many adults in their 40s and 50s can be of great value to them. Consider looking for ways to get involved in weekly SHARE opportunities, mission trips at times other than summer, etc.
- Families with Children - Southcliff encourages families to Share together. Adults and their children grow closer to one another while Sharing Christ’s love and message with others.
- Couples Without Children - Newly married couples and other couples without children provide a unique opportunity to become involved in missions and other SHARE experiences. You may consider serving together on a mission trip, volunteering weekly with a Share partner, volunteering to help with Beach Camp, or going together to a missions conference.
- Singles - Our singles ministry regularly plans opportunities to Share in the community. Earlier this year a group of singles served in New Orleans. Several singles participate weekly in our ESL and Evangelism teams.
- College - Our college ministry provides opportunities for students in Grow Groups to become involved in community ministries, evangelism, etc. We also provide multiple mission trip opportunities for college students. Our college ministry has recently led trips to Florida and the Dominican Republic.
Share Opportunities for Youth
- High School Ministry - High School Students are often willing and able to take risks for their faith. Whether it’s traveling to another country, or traveling across the school lunch room--students have unlimited potential to SHARE.
In past years, our high school ministry has taken mission trips to the Dominican Republic, Washington DC, Thailand, and Mexico. They also have regular E-Nights where they are challenged to reach out to friends who need Jesus.
- Middle School Ministry - Students in grades 7 & 8 are often both capable and available to get involved with a variety of Share ministry opportunities. These can be with their family, grow group, or with the entire Middle School ministry. On a regular basis, students are encouraged to reach out to their friends on E-Nights. Last year several of our middle school students Shared Christ’s love and message in inner city Houston.
Share Opportunities for Children
- Children's Ministry - Many of us first placed our faith in Christ when we were Children. First and foremost, our children’s ministries work alongside parents to help kids in grades 1-4 understand God’s plan of salvation.
In addition to this, Children can be very productive, energetic helpers. Many of our Share partners enjoy having children come and assist them in age-appropriate ministry tasks.
We also encourage families to Share together on mission trips, day experiences, etc.
- Preteen Ministry - Many children in grades 5 & 6 are excited about “getting their hands dirty” for Jesus. While we continue to encourage families to SHARE together, this is often the age where kids take the risk of going on their first mission trip with peers. Our preteen ministry is also committed to training kids to share with their friends to place their faith in Christ.